Foundation Favourites | Summer Travel Makeup

Thursday, February 27, 2014

I don't own a particularly large number of foundations but there is one thing they all have in common. A dewy finish. That is an absolute must for me - I hate to look matte, it looks flat and turns flaky with my skin. I have horrendously dry skin - the bane of my existence. I am constantly on the lookout for foundations that will counteract and make me look like an oil slick. Attractive, I know. 

This past summer I have been loving the above foundations simply because they are all supposed to be incredibly compatible to people with dry skin. Can I get a hell yeah?

MAC Face & Body Foundation

I've noticed most people dislike the range of foundations offered by MAC. I love them. 

Just a little back story - I was a bit of a MAC whore in high school, simply because they were more available to me and the workers there were incredibly helpful. I knew nowhere near as much about cosmetics then as I do now - which is why I found their stores so much more helpful. Back on track. 

The F&B foundation provides sheer coverage which I love in the summer. It's water based and rarely comes off - I've been swimming before and friends have been like, 'How is your makeup still on?!' Regardless of its seemingly underwater invincibility, I find it refreshing and light enough to wear during the summer months when all I seem to do is sweat like a crazy person. It lasts through the hot weather and is light enough to feel like there is nothing there. Overall a great foundation. Note: its not all that great at hiding pesky little blemishes. Or big ones.

MAC Studio Sculpt

I told you I was a MAC whore. My SS foundation is rarely used to be honest. It's more medium to full coverage and doesn't have flashback as much as other foundations I own. These are pretty much the reasons why this is included. I use it when I want to go all out with my makeup i.e. going out on the town with the girls or the boyfriend. It doesn't dry out my skin at all and lasts all night even without a primer.

L'Oreal Lumi Magique

As for drugstore, these are my most used. My Lumi Magique is perfect for a dewy finish and is great when I have the odd blemish. Its medium to full coverage if you layer and blend, and lasts throughout the day. Because of its long lasting "power" its perfect for everyday use. I used this almost every day I wore makeup in the summer.

Bourjois Healthy Mix

I discovered this foundation in 2012 and it has since been one of my all time favourites. It's cheaper than the others I've mentioned but still does just as good a job if not better. Its medium coverage and could be full by building it up. It doesn't dry out my skin and blends perfectly. Overall, the perfect foundation for my skin type.

So those are the foundations I used throughout the past summer of 2013/2014. The next post in this series will be about setting powders, blush, contour and highlight picks for travelling so stay tuned if you're interested in seeing that.

Have you tried any of my faves above? What would be your summer picks?

No comments :

Post a Comment