Powders | Summer Travel Makeup

Monday, March 10, 2014

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Light Medium / Sleek Contour Kit Medium / MAC Mineralize Blush Warm Soul
When deciding what to take on holiday I consider all possibilities. I'm the type of person who overpacks... Everything. I always take too many clothes, too many shoes and too much makeup. I blame it on the fact that I don't want to be unprepared for anything that might happen. You never know what you might need - seriously. However, in the event that you aren't a complete nut like myself, I've come up with a fail proof way of packing some essentials that would usually take up the majority of my makeup bag, and cut everything down to size. If only I could follow my own advice.

I'll share a secret with you, I don't like setting my face with powder because I have disgustingly dry skin. However, I know how far setting your foundation goes when embarking on a night out. I will admit I make myself set my face with the powder like the one above. I use MAC's Mineralize Skinfinish because it is so light I don't even feel it which means its the best one for making me as least dry as possible. Making sense still? Hopefully. 

As for blush I like to pick one that I know looks natural, goes well with most makeup looks I might do and one that will last daily. For me, that is the MAC Mineralize Blush in Warm Soul. It is the perfect blend of shimmer and coral-ly pink and looks fantastic on my slightly pale to tan olive skin tone. I've heard it suits all skin types and from using this on friends I can safely say there is truth to that statement.

And finally, contour and highlight. When travelling I try to take products that are compact and carry "more for less" packaging. For me this would be my Sleek Contour Kit. Not only are Sleek products so incredibly pigmented but the packaging is exactly what they're they claim to be - sleek. The fact they include a contour and highlight colour in this kit is bloody well fantastic. I am able to take one product that actually holds two of my most favoured products.

What would you take on a summer vacation? Tried any of my suggestions?

No comments :

Post a Comment