Lipstick Choices | Travel Summer Makeup

Friday, April 04, 2014

MAC Russian Red / MAC Peach Blossom / MAC Full Fuchsia / NYX Haute Melon


Although I'm not much of a bold lip kinda girl, I do like to be prepared for anything. You know, in case I decide to man up, or rather, woman up (dry, I know) and leave the house with a bright and colourful pout. Joking aside, I like to have a lot of options available to me because sometimes I am quite the fickle person when it comes to makeup. When travelling, I will generally take three to four lipsticks with me, a red, a nude and an in-between. And on the odd, or rather, most occasions, I will take two in-betweens.

The Red

My go-to red is MAC Russian Red. It has a matte formula but I find the matte lipsticks from MAC are actually very creamy and moisturising. They also have incredible lasting power. I love this particular red because it was in fact one of the first MAC lipsticks I bought. And because of this I am pretty loyal to it, besides if you've read this post you will know I am a total MAC whore. Sorry not sorry.

The Nude

Now when I say nude lip, I don't mean the colour that matches your foundation and makes it look like you don't have lips. I mean a nude/natural lip, a my lips but better colour. For me, this would have to be, yes another MAC lipstick and it is Peach Blossom, with a cremesheen finish. I particularly love MAC's cremesheens for every day wear as they are just so moisturising. This particular shade is described as a frosted cool nude and has fast become one of my favourites. It suits my olive complexion perfectly and yet I have a feeling it would definitely suit girls both lighter and slightly darker than me as well. I have plenty of other nude lip options from MAC and other brands but this is definitely my number one.

The In-Between #1

The "in-betweens" leave such a broad spectrum of colours to try that I could go on and on about different shades. However I will narrow it down to my two favourites of the moment. Numero uno = MAC's Full Fuchsia. This lipstick is so pretty and is described as a bright, warm pink from MAC's Amplified Creme collection. I find this shade perfect for all of the times, it's not too dark or bright for the day and not too light for the night (rhyme not purposefully included). This is probably one of my second most used "bold" lip colours as I actually feel really comfortable in it. It's not a shade I hear people raving about very often but I would definitely recommend it to those who don't already have Girl About Town.

The In-Between #2

My second choice would have to be a coral shade, I mean, I've already covered the purpley pinks, reds and nudes. There is literally nothing left but the oranges, and because I'm not an orange kinda girl, coral it is. My pick for a coral lip is actually not from MAC, sure I've got coral shades from them but they're either too much something for me to think they're perfect. No, my pick for this in-between is in fact from NYX and is in the shade Haute Melon. I find this lipstick a mix between MAC's Ravishing and Costa Chic minus the frost. It's creamy and the perfect shade, for me at least. As you can see I'm not a total MAC obsessor as I would have you believe.

What are your go-to lipsticks? Tried any of mine?

No comments :

Post a Comment