Obsessive Collecting | Marc Jacobs

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Daisy Eau So Fresh / Oh, Lola

Have you ever discovered something about yourself before that is so utterly annoying and costly, but no matter what, you cannot for the life of you, stop doing it? No? Okay. Just me. No matter, let me explain.

I recently realised I have this obsession with collecting specific things from the same brand - no matter the cost. Think Prada handbags, MAC cosmetics, Kate Spade wallets and oh, yes, Marc Jacobs fragrances. As you can see above, I only own two of them - both of which are definitely my most used. Coming from my limited experience and/or knowledge about fragrances I can say this about them:

Daisy Eau So Fresh

This is my favourite perfume of all time. It's soft, floral, sweet and summery. That's about as good as my explanations will get. Despite it's summery connotations I've used this all year round - I did say it was my favourite. For me scents tend to bring back memories of when I wore them or bought them. This one has a little story with it that made me almost desperate to get my hands on it. I think perhaps that's why I use it and love it so much. Because I waited for what felt like years to get my hands on it. More on that another day.

Oh, Lola

I'm undecided with this one. I bought it on a whim because it had recently come out and I was all - yay I can "collect" another Marc Jacobs fragrance. I also think by the time I got round to trying it out my nose was already so confused by all the others I had smelt that it didn't know what was happening. I wear 'Oh, Lola' sometimes. Not as often as 'Daisy' but often enough. It's rosy and strong scented. I'm sure that's not a very helpful description, and some may say it's florally as well, but to me it is definitely a stronger scent than 'Daisy'.

You may have noticed by now I like light, florally, sweet scents. Does that make me teenager-ish? Oh well. I just have specific wants when it comes to my perfumes. As for the two above they are still my top two.

Do you like any Marc Jacobs perfumes? What are your holy grail scents?

No comments :

Post a Comment