Eyeshadow Palettes | Summer Travel Makeup

Monday, March 17, 2014

If you've watched any of my Youtube videos you'll notice I'm very much into eye makeup. I find I'm much more confident with wearing more around my eyes than lips. Reason: I like eating food a lot, so why wear a lipstick that will come off while doing it. So when I buy eyeshadow palettes, or pack my makeup bag, I like to choose ones that will offer me the most variety in achieving looks, while also being suitable for both day and night.

please excuse the demented case, it melted in the sun :(


MUA Undressed Palette

This drugstore palette has been used mostly on a day-to-day basis. The colours include a variety of shimmers and mattes, as well as pinks, browns and golds - my favourite colours to work with. I purchased mine from the MUA website when they had a free shipping deal on and kind of went crazy spending money. Money well spent however. This product is by far an excellent choice if you're on a budget as it retails for £4, about NZ $8. On top of that the colours are extremely pigmented, the shimmers even more so. So if you're just starting to try out eye makeup take a look at the MUA website as they have a great variety of affordable palettes to choose from.



MAC 15-pan Palette

As for my girls who are lovers of high-end products, why not try out a MAC "make-your-own" palette. I personally love these as MAC have every colour under the sun. At present I haven't filled mine up yet but some of my favourite go-to colours are in my MAC palette. However, if you're unsure about what shades will suit, or are just starting out then perhaps go for one of their duo shadows. I have the MAC duo shadow in This or That and that is another staple I take wherever I go. So don't worry if you're just beginning in makeup, going higher-end without that much knowledge is still possible without wasting hundreds of dollars.

What palette would you choose? Drugstore or high-end?

No comments :

Post a Comment