Yummy Banana & Gooey Chocolate Chip Muffins

Saturday, March 15, 2014


Banana cake has always been my absolute favourite. Every birthday since I was a little girl it was the same. That hasn't changed as I've gotten older. My mum bought me a cookbook for Christmas and I'm sure you can guess the first thing I looked up. I tried the banana cake recipe and had a couple of problems with it working for me, so I decided to half it, add chocolate and cook it in muffin trays instead. Recipe is adapted from The Best of Annabel Langbein.

Here's what you need:
  • 125g softened butter
  • 3/4 cups white sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla essence
  • 2 ripe bananas
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 150g choc chips (or however many you like)
Beat the eggs and sugar until nice and creamy. Beat in eggs, vanilla essence and then mashed bananas. I like to mix them in separately as the mixture becomes the perfect texture to make them moist. Heat the milk till its hot and then dissolve the baking soda in it. Add to mixture. Don't freak out if the milk and baking soda foams up a lot - I thought I was doing something wrong first time that happened. Fold in baking powder and flour and mix all the lumps out. Add and mix in chocolate chips. Place in muffin trays and cook in oven at 170 degrees Celsius. They take up to half an hour to cook but make sure you keep watch as the time it takes to cook depends on the size of your trays, and how much mixture you put in each. Pull them out of the oven and dive in.

This recipe is by far the yummiest banana cake recipe I've ever tried, and an even better muffin one. They come out deliciously moist and when you add chocolate, it balances out the banana flavour perfectly.

What's your favourite cake? Do you think you might try this?

No comments :

Post a Comment