The Year Of Change (Short Version)

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Seeing as I've "recently" started this blog, I feel as though I should try to introduce you to a couple of things that have influenced me into the person I am right now. Okay, that sounds a bit heavy. I mean, I want to explain to you what happened in my life in the past year or so, as I think it will help you understand future posts I'm thinking of writing. There, that makes more sense. 

If you're new to my blog or any of my social media accounts then you won't know that I was pregnant last year and am now the proud mummy of a beautiful baby boy. When I first found out I was pregnant it was kind of terrifying - my family didn't even know I had a boyfriend (I'm not really one to talk about myself much). So last year I ended up on a pretty emotional roller-coaster that will all be explained later. 

Before that I was just breezing through uni, struggling to figure out who and what I wanted to be. I didn't have much drive. I would start things and never finish. I wasted my time and my parents money. It sucked. I didn't know what to do, there was this pressure to be something great but I didn't know what I wanted to be. 

Fast forward to when I told my family I was pregnant. Drama, disappointment, anger. You know, the usual things a parent would feel when their kid makes mistakes. But now that I look back, I am so glad that it happened. My pregnancy was the reality check I needed, to pull my finger out of my arse (figuratively speaking of course). It wasn't just my life I was responsible for now, the little life inside was relying on me too. 

After everything cleared up with my family, I knuckled down and got to thinking. About what I enjoy doing, what I really want for my life and what I want for my family's. I planned with my mum how long it would take me to finish my degree and I stuck with it. 

This semester may only be my second but it is one that is so different from all the others. I am still studying and feel so determined to prove that I can do this. I'm back at the gym. I clean house, play with my son, spend time with the boyfie. I have goals I want to achieve and I'm so much more organised than I've been in my entire life. 

My new, little family means the world to me and there is nothing that could make me want to mess things up. Life is good.

No comments :

Post a Comment