LimeCrime Velvetines | The Review

Tuesday, May 20, 2014



I have a problem. I am constantly at war with myself over following the crowd and buying cult beauty products. Ever since hearing about Lime Crime I've been up and down about purchasing their lovely lip products. Until now I had been fine with my own growing collection of lipsticks but was never happy with the matte products out there. If you're like me, and have never been very confident about wearing bold lipsticks out in public as you're constantly worrying that whatever colour you put on your lips is now smeared across your face - do not worry! I have found the solution to this harrowing issue, Lime Crime Velvetines! 

Since purchasing these little beauties about a month ago they have fast become an absolute favourite of mine. They are the most pigmented lipsticks I have ever owned - one swipe and you're ready to go.  And since releasing a new collection of them, just in time for our New Zealand winter I might add, I caved and bought the lot. As you will know from the title, this post is a swatch and review on these liquid beauties.

Pink Velvet




I genuinely love this colour. I think it suits my skin colour well, the formula is lovely and light - it's not heavy on the lips. With one swipe you get full opaqueness.

Suedeberry




I'm a bit unsure about this shade on my lips although i know it looks gorgeous on other skin tones. It's a bright, coral and feels about the same consistency as Pink Velvet. However I found it took me two swipes to gain more colour on my lips. But I'm not complaining, the fact these products can do so much with so little is a point up in my opinion.

Red Velvet




This Velvetine is your true red lip colour. It's just your classic red. I think it would suit almost all skin tones and the quality of this particular colour is amazing. The pigmentation is so strong that all I needed was one swipe of colour and my lips were completely red. I am in love.

Overall the original velvetines are absolutely fantastic and I can see why they have become such a cult favourite. If you would like to see the swatches of The Clueless Witch collection then stay tuned as that post will be out soon.

If you could own any Velvetine what would it be?

No comments :

Post a Comment